[nycphp-talk] upgrading PHP on CentOS 5 -- or should I?

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Wed Jul 30 15:52:26 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:44 PM, bzcoder <bzcoder at bzcode.com> wrote:

> David Mintz wrote:
>
>> I am dissatisfied with CentOS' conservatism -- I guess it's not for me --
>> but installing another distro based on a hunch that it might help seems like
>> overkill, doesn't it?
>>
>> What would you do?
>>

> I'd configure yum to use a repository that has PHP 5.2 for CentOS,
> http://www.jasonlitka.com/yum-repository/

Good point, thanks. Actually I have just now been flirting with les RPM de
Remi (http://blog.famillecollet.com/) and considering that route, but I
heard of the site you mention in a thread about this very issue (need to
upgrade PHP on CentOS 5)

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness